from Flickr http://flic.kr/p/EVzFMk
was built under the direction of landscape designer André Le Nôtre between 1679 and 1681. At that time, it was called the Pool Below the Dragon or the Fir Tree Pool. The Fountain is at the end of the long path that features the Water Walk and the Dragon Fountain. Jacques-Ange Gabriel reworked the pool area very slightly, and, in 1740, the lead sculptures were put in place. The new fountain was officially opened by King Louis XV of France.
from Flickr http://flic.kr/p/EMBcdk